UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hi there, If I am applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa

Hi there,

If I am applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and I would like to claim points for language skills, can I submit an IELTS test which I have taken 9 years back? Or do I have to sit for a new IELTS exam just for the purpose of this application. My score in the old exam were all 7 or above except for listening it was 6.5.

Thanks

UK_Lawyer :

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my answer 3 STARS OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

UK_Lawyer :

IELTS exam certificates usually are only valid for 2 years and therefore before any new application you would need to submit a new certificate

UK_Lawyer :

I hope this answers your question if so kindly leave positive feedback so I can get credited for my time.

UK_Lawyer :

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. What is the minimum score for being able to claim the points awarded in the PBS for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa?

Best Regards,
Thank you for your reply.

Your knowledge of English equivalent to level C1 or above of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework for Language Learning.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX please specify what is the IELTS equivalent score? Is it a minimum of 7 for each band?

Best Regards,
It is between 6.5 - 8.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.

Can I take the test few weeks before I apply and send the results along with my application or do I have to notify UKBA of my intention to take the test before I apply?

Bahseir

Thank you for your reply.

You can take your test at anytime as long as the results certificate is sent with the application.

Kind regards