UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert

Hi. My friend is a russian citizen with right of permanent

Hi. My friend is a russian citizen with right of permanent residence in Latvia, which is her home country. She is now in UK on family visitors visa caring for her disabled granddaughter who is British. Her visa expires in august but she applied for right of residence under Zambrano case. She received her COA. Her question is can she now lawfully apply for NIno and CA? She is 65.

Alex Hughes :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and help you with your question.

When did she receive COA?

This scheme was abolished a year ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
COA - certificate of application
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She tells me she got COA as proof that her case on her residence was open and she can stay legally in UK until decision. Its a letter of aknowledgement of her application.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

Yes, a COA is proof that she has applied under the Zambrano judgement which is yet to be fully implemented in UK legislation.

She can apply for a NINO.

What do you mean when you refer to CA?

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Carers allowance. She cares full time for her granddaughter who is in reciept of high rate DLA.
She should check with DWP as normally people subject to immigrtaion control cannot claim CA.

All the best. Please rate my answer and we can continue for free if need be.
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please advise, if my friend gets her Zambrano residence permit would she still be classed subject to immigration control ?
yes, until she becomes permanent resident after 5 years.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please help again with advise on same subject. My friend says she just had her application returned with all documents saying she did not qualify under regulations 2006. Nothing mentioned of the fact that she applied under Zambrano. Is it applicable in her case ? On UKBA website they ask everyone applying under Zambrano to use EEA2 form which is normally used to join a member of your family in UK, which she did, but specified in her covering letter that was applying under Zambrano. Can youadvise any following steps, please ?
This is an entirely different issue from your original query I am afraid, please post as a new question for me or fellow experts to pick up if possible