UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
62162956

I submitted an application for a tier 1 visa extension about

Customer Question

I submitted an application for a tier 1 visa extension about 5 weeks ago unaware of changes in application fee that took place a few days after my submission. I only found out today I submitted an old fee which is £500 less than what was actually required. What is the way forward? Thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

I would suggest you to ring the UKBA as soon as possible and see if you can pay the correct fee over the phone if possible as your application will not be processed with the incorrect fee and will be invalid/sent back if this has not already been done.

If the application is returned to you, you will need to make a fresh application with the correct fee.

Thank you. Please click Accept and we can discuss further if need be.
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Application has not been sent back. I contacted the UKBA who advised I send in a notification in writing which I have done.

While awaiting a response, do I go ahead and submit a new application as stated on the website, without a passport and the bulk of my other document?

What are the possibilities from here, because my visa expired about 3 weeks ago.

Thank you
I suggest you send in a letter explaining the fee changes, send the correct fee with the letter and ask them to process the application you have already sent in, rather than sending a new application.

As long as you submitted your first application before your visa expired, you will be fine as you are protected under S. 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 pending resolution of your application.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your responses so far. Situation has played out that my application was rejected 2 days prior my initial fare discrepancy detection and subsequent UKBA contact as adviced in your 1st response. This rejection was detected yesterday on personal enquiry at my nearest UKBA PEO after a further delay in response on the issue. Reason for rejection was inappropriate fee, even though my initial alert on the issue was met with a response that the old fee was still valid for a grace period of 3 weeks after the price change date of which my application falls well within. On the basis of this, the least I expected at this time was a rejection on the basis of inapproriate fee. The other issue is ever since it was sent back to me over 3 weeks ago, I never received it by post and the package is yet to be located as UKBA is aware.
I have typed in quite a lot of information, but whats is your expert solution and opinion in all of this. Thanks
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.