UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

My name has recently been added to the Sex Offenders List for

My name has recently been added to the Sex Offenders List for a minor offence which did not even go to Court.

We are hoping to travel to Hong Kong later this year to visit a relative. Will I be allowed to enter the country, and if so, what restrictions may apply?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question.

How did your named get added to the sex offenders list if you were never convicted?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Before I go further with my question I need to know why I have to open a monthly direct debit with your company to get one answer to my question.

Am I allowed to enter HONG KONG if I am on the list, without having been given a custodial sentence?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Regarding the direct debit you will need to speak to customer services unfortunately I am unable to help you regarding that matter.

Regarding entry into Hong Kong, I am unable to give you a definitive answer as it will depend on how dangerous the immigration officers think your entry would be for the general public. I recommend you disclose your offence to the immigration authorities and let them make a decision. The immigration officers usually look at the seriousness of the offence on a case by case basis. Therefore I would recommend you disclose detailed information to the immigration officers regard your offence, to ensure your matter is dealt with fairly.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly click ACCEPT.

Kind regards,