UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

hi i wanna ask if both parents are polish and the baby is born

Customer Question

hi i wanna ask if both parents are polish and the baby is born in uk can the baby get english passport
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question.

The following is applicable to children born in the uk:

Section 1(3) applications - children born in the United Kingdom to parents who are now settled in the United Kingdom.

If the child's parent has become settled in the United Kingdom or becomes a British citizen, the child will have an entitlement to register as a British citizen. This registration would be under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

Section 1(4) - children who have lived in the United Kingdom for the first 10 years of their life

The child will have an entitlement to register under section 1(4) of the British Nationality Act 1981 if they were born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983 and lived in there for the first ten years of their life. Applications under this section of the British Nationality Act 1981 should be made using application form T. You should read can I register as a British citizen if I was born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983 and lived there up to the age of 10 for details on the requirements you need to meet.

Section 3(1) applications - children born in the United Kingdom to parents who are not settled in the United Kingdom and are not British citizens

Registration in this category will be at our discretion, if we believe it is reasonable under the circumstances and will be under section 3(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981. There are no formal requirements the child needs to meet providing they are under 18 at the time of application and are of good character if they are over 10 years of age. The application should be accompanied by as much evidence as possible to show us why the child should be registered as a British citizen.

If you fall under one of the above categories then your child may apply for nationality. Kindly note settled means the parents have indefinite leave to remain.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly click ACCEPT, if you do not I will not get credited for my time.

Kind regards,
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
all this information i can read on internet any time. thing is that baby will be born on 08.08.2012 and we need to get to poland before 12.10.2012 for our wedding and we need passport for a baby quick so is anything we can do to sort this? thank u
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

The baby will not be eligible for a British passport, you will need to apply for a polish passport or a polish id card before you travel.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,