Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

My son who is British is living in Mongolia and is married

My son who is British is living in Mongolia and is married to a Mongolian lady. They have a two month old daughter. He would like to come to the UK to visit family and also to do a celsa qualification (over 10 weeks) as it will help him in his job as a English teacher. What does he need to do to gain a visa to visit?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
I take it you are asking about a visa for his wife? If they are coming her for less than 6 months and not planning to stay permanently. She will have to apply in Mongolia you can find out how ot apply on the UKBA website see here:

What is most important is that she can show she is only coming as a visitor and will return to mongolia after the visit. If there is any suspicion that she may seek to remain longer then she will be refused.
I suggest evidence of your sons job and the fact that he is needed to return to it would be helpful plus , if she has a job evidence of that. Do they own or lease a home? Evidence of a permanent home to return to is also useful.