How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7581
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i m in uk from last 2 years i came on study visa . i never

Resolved Question:

i m in uk from last 2 years i came on study visa . i never went in college ... i m hiding here becose i got threat of my life in pakistan. i m guy i m happy here i m going in guy clubs and having gay friends here in uk. i dont have guy life in pakistan . i m wanted in pakistan by pakistan police on guy sex charges. i got all proof of police report my arrest warant etc..
how can i claim asylum or ask for any legal stay in uk ...what appllication i should submit ..
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

There is no application under the immigration rules that you can make to legalise your stay, if you have not been cohabiting with a UK national, person holding ILR or EEA national for two years (this means you must have been living together for two years).

If you enter in to a civil partnership with any of the above then you can probably legalise your stay here.

If the above is not a possibility then your only option is to apply for asylum in the UK.

Claiming Asylum is very difficult. In practice only 19 of 100 applications are actually accepted.

In order to claim asylum you must show that you have a well founded fear of persecution because of:-
 race;
 religion;
 nationality;
 political opinion; or
 membership of a particular social group.

Therefore if you are gay then you can apply if you can prove that you would live in fear of persecution of persons in your home country because you are gay.

However, before you apply you should speak to an asylum immigration charity first in order to get some inital advice about how and when to make an application. Before making the application you should collect as much docuementary evidence of the persecution of agy persons in Pakistan (eg. newspaper articles, UN reports, charities reports/assessments detailing incidents of homophobic crimes). These will be important to substantiate your claim.

You can claim at any of the asylum centres in the UK.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

If you wish for me to provide you with specific guidance on making a spouse visa application (eligibility criteria, documentation etc) then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
will they detain me bocoz my visa is finished and i never went in college..........if i claim assylum.
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

If you make your asylum claim before they catch up with you then you will probably not be detailed beyond the initial day when you claim, no.

Don't just go and claim it though. Prepare yourself for it by speaking with an asylum charity or solicitor.

Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions