UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert

We have applied for a settlement visa to the uk embassy on

We have applied for a settlement visa to the uk embassy on the 28th of March - Ref no AJOH/280312/109452/1 via Pretoria High Commision (We are a gay couple). My fiancee is a UK citizen and employed King's Court Chambers which are immigration solicitors to complete and compile all the required documentation.

We would like to know from you if it is possible to speed up the process application. The response we currently have is that it takes up to 90 working days. My fiancee is currently in South Africa untill the 30th of May and available for an interview should the embassy require it.

My contact details as follows:

e-mail: [email protected]

Anine Pretorius
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Fran,Thank you for your response. We are still awaiting an answer from an available expert. Your earliest response will be appreciated.Kind regards ,
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

I am afraid there is nothing you can do to speed the process up as the application is for a settlement visa. If the application was for a visit visa, a priority service is available at an additional fee.

You may however send the Embassy proof that your partner is only available until 30th May e.g. send them the flight ticket copy, but it is up to them whether or not to expedite the process based on this.

Hope this helps. Please click Accept
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert