INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Hi I am an Indian citizen in UK, my L1 visa petition has been

Customer Question

Hi I am an Indian citizen in UK, my L1 visa petition has been approved 2 weeks back and my application for British Citizenship has also come through. Can I get the visa stamping on the British Passport or do I have to reapply for the petition since the petition approval has been on my Indian passport?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If I have provided you with an answer, kindly click ACCEPT.

Please explain what you mean by an L1 Visa.
Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

I have just worked out that an L1 Visa is a US Visa. If you have made an application to the US Embassy using your Indian Passport, they will generally issue the Visa in the passport that you submitted along with the application.

If you have just recently Naturalised as a UK Citizen and obtained your Naturalisation Certificate, you can obtain your UK Passport and send it to the US Embassy quoting the reference number that they have provided you with and request that they issue the Visa in the UK Passport, however, there is no guarantee that they will do this.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

Kind regards,