UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

1. For the purposes of obtaining UK citizenship for a future

1. For the purposes of obtaining UK citizenship for a future husband, does it matter whether a UK born woman marries a non UK citizen outside of the UK or in the UK?

2. Are all civil ceremonies outside of UK recognized by UK immigration Law, or would it be advisable for the couple to marry in the UK itself?
Many thanks,
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question.

If you marry outside of the UK and it is registered in the country you have married, then your marriage will be recognised in the UK for the purposes of immigration.

It would not matter whether you marry in the UK or outside of the UK, you will need to ensure that if you marry inside of the UK you have the required permission by the Home Office.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT, if you do not I will not get credited for my time.

Kind regards,