UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I live in the uk for almost 10 years. in october 2010 i has

I live in the uk for almost 10 years. in october 2010 i has the limited permit until the 27/04/2011. in april 2011 i apply for the ILR till now i have'nt heard anything from the home office. i would like to ask is it possible they will give me the ILR or the limiter permit for another fews year.. and when will they reply to me ???
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question.

If you have been resident in the UK legally for 10 years then they should grant you ILR if you have submitted an application for ILR.

They will revert back to you, but I would not be put off by the fact that they have not replied. The UKBA is known to be very slack with their response.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT, if you do not I will not get credited for my time.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i just got the status of limited permit for only 6 months, most of my friends said I will get another limited permit for another 6 years. is it true??
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure what you applied for. If you had applied for ILR you would have used SET (O) form.

What ever leave the UKBA grant you with, you should apply for ILR straight after you have received your papers back from the UKBA. As you have been here legally for 10 years you should be granted ILR.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Last year when my limited permit nearly expired which was on the 27/04/11. i then apply for the ILR form and send it to them already. so when the home office reply to me will they granted me the ILR
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Yes they should grant you ILR if you applied for it. You have been in the UK 10 years and should be granted ILR.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly click ACCEPT, if you do not I will not get credited for my time.

Kind regards,
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.