UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

my Brazillian passport is about to expire (2 weeks), Im travelling

Customer Question

my Brazillian passport is about to expire (2 weeks), I`m travelling to Barcelona from UK where I`am resident. Can I?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question.

What leave to remain do you have?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

none

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Most countries that you travel to require you to have at least 6 months left in until your passport expires. Before you travel I would advise you to renew your passport.

If you are unable to do this you risk that fact that you may not be allowed to enter. In addition if you are not settled in the UK then you risk the fact that you may be asked questions upon your return to the UK. If you do not have any permission to reside in the UK you will be refused entry.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly click ACCEPT, if you do not I will not get credited for my time.

Kind regards,

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I specified Spain and Ireland. Do they require 6 months???
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

The requirements for entry into Spain is that you has a valid passport for the duration of your stay.

Ireland, along with the UK, is a member of the Common Travel Area. This means that British Citizens do not require a passport to visit Ireland. However, Irish immigration officers will check the IDs of all passengers arriving by air from the UK and most airlines will not carry passengers to and from Ireland unless they have seen satisfactory photographic ID before boarding. Travelers to Ireland are therefore advised to take their British passports with them.

Other than passports, some carriers may accept other types of photographic ID.  For their acceptability, please consult your carrier before traveling. Take care to read any advice they may give when booking tickets on the Internet.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT, if you do not I will not get credited for my time.

Kind regards,