UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

iv been a subject to a sham marriage, my ex husband only married

Customer Question

iv been a subject to a sham marriage, my ex husband only married me for the uk passport, soon as he received it he gave me the divorce, how can i report him
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
HI
You can report the matter to UKBA - but if he now has his ILR or citizenship it is unlikely to be revoked I am afraid
Claire
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi,The ukba will investigate each case on its own merits and if they seem necessary they may revoke his ILR.In either case you should report him to the ukba.I hope this answers your question if so kindly click Accept. Kind regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that is pretty obviouse, what i need to know is how likly is it i can get it revolked, surly if its proven the marriage was a sham then there must be something i can do
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Yes when you report him to the ukba they will investigate the matter. Provided you submit evidence of him being deceitful then the ukba may revoke his ILR.

As mentioned above they will look at each case on its merits and come to a decision.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly click ACCEPT, if you do not I will not get credited for my time.

Kind regards,
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Hi
I appreciate how hard it is to be treated in this way but sadly what you and I would regard as evidence that the marriage was a "sham" is not the same as what UKBA would see as conclusive evidence.
Obviously if he admitted (preferably in writing) that he only married you for that purpose it would assist - but if it is just the timing then sadly it is unlikely that it would be seen as sufficient
Claire
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
In any event you would need to inform the ukba, regarding the situation.

Obviously it would be not be possible to obtain a written confession as my colleague has mentioned. What you would need to do is provide evidence of what has happened since your marriage and then obtain letters from friends and family history on their account of the situation.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly click ACCEPT.

Kind regards