How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please I want to make an enquiry . I did my marriage in 2008

Customer Question

Please I want to make an enquiry . I did my marriage in 2008 with EEA and my permit was granted in August in 2011.when can I make my divorce
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question.

If you want to divorce your partner and at the same time be able to reside in the UK permanently then, you are able to divorce now. After three years of marriage you are able to have retained rights of residence. You will next August be able to apply for permanent residence.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly click ACCEPT, if you do not I will not get credited for my time.

Kind regards,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions