UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
62162956

I am a u.s. citizen and want to marry a man that lives in scotland

I am a u.s. citizen and want to marry a man that lives in scotland what do i need to do?
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I'm happy to answer your immigration questions, and will do my best to do so based on my expertise. Please note that while you are working with me, I also will be working with several other customers, so you may experience delays. Your questions WILL be answered in the order they are received; therefore, please be patient as we work through your questions.

Do you want him to come live in the US?

Do you want him to come tot he US to get married?

Have you met face to face, within the past 2 years?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No i want to live in Scotland with him and no I want to marry him in Scotland, We Skype so i guess you'd say we've met face to face.
So you are asking about Scottish immigration, not US immigration?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, and what do they require from me? For example do i need passport sized photo's to send to them for the registry? Do i need to take my divorce papers with me? Birth certificate? What do they require me to do?

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

I am assuming that your fiancee is a British Citizen. If you wish to get married to him in Scotland, you would need to apply for a UK fiancee visa which will then enable you to marry him in the UK after which you may apply for further leave to remain as his spouse.

Full details of applying for a fiancee visa are here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/fiancee-proposed-cp/

After you get married, you need to apply for leave to remain as his spouse, see here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/

Hope this helps. Please click Accept

Thank you
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert