UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
62162956

I am a British Citizen living in the Kingdom of Bahrain from

Customer Question

I am a British Citizen living in the Kingdom of Bahrain from the last 35 years and had applied for a Bahraini passport several years back. My application has come through and the process of my being granted a Bahraini passport is in motion, however I have heard that the Bahraini Authorities do not allow dual citizenship and that they confiscate the British passport upon granting a Bahraini one. Now I wanted to know that if they do take away my British passpor, do I lose my British citizenship or could I again apply for a fresh passport ??
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Moderator,

I still havent got an answerto y question above. If you do need moe inormation, pleasedo let me know what and I will send it across.

Meanwhile I would also like to know if my 2 sons who hold a different nataionality can acquire British Citezenship. One is born in 1980, whilt the other was born in 1986.

Thanks,

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

Them taking away your British passport does not mean you lose your British Citizenship, unless you formally renounce your British Citizenship by making an application.

You can always apply for another British passport later as the UK has no problems with dual nationality.

Please click Accept

Thank you
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My two sons hold their father's nationality, one was born in 1980 and the other in 1986. As I,qtheir mother, hold a British passport, can they apply for the same?
Where were they born and how did you become a British Citizen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was born in Aden and held a " British Overseas Subject/Citizen" passport while I resided in Bahrain. I was granted a British Citizenship in 2004 according to the wrong that the British Govt. wanted to right , by granting citizenship to all Oversea British Subjects.

My both sons were born in India in, one in 1980, while the other in 1986 and have the same Indian nationality as my husband. We all have been residing in Bahrain from more than 35 years and my application for Bahraini Passport which I had made jointly with my husband has come through, while his and the family's is still pending.

Now both my sons are thinking of applying for British Passport, hence this query.

Thanks for your prompt reply

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi ,

I wish to purchase a home in London with my husband who is non British citizen.

We wish to have this home for our retirement or as an investment to sell it at a later date some years down the line.

1.) could we later on, repatriate the funds which we shall be sending from Bahrain.

2.) Is there some tax, like CGT or income tax , that we have to pay on the proceeds of the sale, which could have appreciated through the years. If so how much % ?

3.) If we decide to pass on the property to our sons, is there a inheiritance tax which will be applicable.

4.) Could we include the names of our 2 sons in the property we purchase, i.e 4 names in total ?

Thank you. Please click Accept for the previous answer. I will then deal with your further queries.