Awan-Legal
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
60469748

hello, i caught in Belfast city airport with my step daughter

Customer Question

hello, i caught in Belfast city airport with my step daughter by the immigration with the offense that we are travel to Ireland without proper document of my step daughter because i have Dublin visa and UK visa but my step daughter did not. when the immigration caught us they interrogate me and my step daughter separately and they took me to police custody from there to court and jail for a month and later they deported me back to Nigeria without my step daughter. they said i am assisting illegal immigrant to UK with fake Nigeria passport and that i did not inform them that i have a wife in Dublin that seeking asylum and later i advice my step daughter to come and she is in Nigeria since November 2010 but then my step daughter used to call me in Nigeria but later her two numbers are not going anymore and to locate her is the problem and now her mother want me to provide her daughter back to Nigeria whereas i don't know where about her and we want to withdraw her asylum and want her to come back to Nigeria and continue her education and her life in Nigeria. her mother want her back. please what can we do to get her contact in UK and what can we do to get her back home in Nigeria, and also what can i do to redeem my immigration status in UK since i was deported in November 2010
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still waiting for answer
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 4 years ago.
Hi

I am very sorry to hear about this situation. 1.What type of UK visa did you have? 2. Also, what type of Dublin visa did you have and was this separate to the UK visa?

3. With regards the fake passport, did they accuse you of having this for your step-daughter? 4. How old was she and what passport did she have?

5. What is you nationality?

6. What is her nationality?

7. Were you served with a deportation order or simply removed from the UK?

I would suggest contacting the Belfast authorities (airport, detention centre where you were kept, immigration officials who separated you) to enquire as to what happened to your step daughter as a starting point. If you have no luck on that end, I would suggest filing a missing persons report with the police in Ireland and the UK.

Here is a link to help trace a missing person in the UK:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/homeandcommunity/inyourhome/supportathome/dg_179004

8. Do you know which country she was last in and where when she called you?

Kind regards,
Awan Legal
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
UK VISA - FAMILY VISIT 5 YEAR
DUBLIN VISITING VISA ONE YEAR
YES IT WAS SEPARATE TO THE UK
YES, AND D PASSPORT WAS NOT GIVEN TO HER
SHE IS ALMOST 16 YEARS AND SHE WAS NOT USING ANY PASSPORT
NIGERIAN
HER NATIONALITY IS NIGERIAN TOO LIKE ME
DEPORTATION ORDER
NOTHERN IRELAND,ALMOST A YEAR AGO

Thanks so much for the further information. I would suggest contacting the Irish authorities to try to locate her and enquire about her whereabouts. The UN can help find lost relatives so it is also worth approaching them.

Was it an actual fake visa? If it was then it would be difficult to justify and is likely to have an adverse effect on any future visit application. It is classed as quite a serious offence to facilitate illegal entry.

If you were deported, this usually lasts 6 years from the date of deportation order. There is also a ten year ban where deception has been used so if you were to apply for further visit visas then you are likely to be banned for up to ten years unfortunately.

I am sorry if it is not good news but if a fake passport was not used or you had absolutely no idea that it was fake and can explain this, then you should do so in any further applications.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything or help further.

Kind regards,
Nargis
Hi

Please click accept on my answer if you have no further questions, thanks.