Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hello, I m Russian, and Im 23 years old, I wanna study in the

Hello, I m Russian, and Im 23 years old, I wanna study in the uk university but I cant pick the right subject to study so I will find job easily after graduation. I already got an economic degree in Russia.

Thank you
Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-
1. You have posted your question to the UK Law/UK immigration law category, do you have a legal based question
2. Or are you simply after general advice and thought the above categories may be helpful
Kind regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes Im after the general advice

Thanks for your reply.

The Post-Study-Work visas are now closed, so if you wish to remain in the UK to work after your studies then you would have to obtain a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers visa:-

In order to do this you would have to be employed by a sponsor employer.
The easiest way to get a Tier 2 visa is if you are doing a job on the Shortage Occupation List. If you have a job on this list and a sponsor and meet the above points eligibility criteria then you will get a Tier 2 visa no problem:-
You may consider choosding a course which gives you a better chance of obtaining one of the jobs on that list.
If you are not interested in any of those jobs then it’s much harder because your employer would have to show that there is no one else already in the UK workforce willing to do the job at the salary offered, so it’s much harder. This is called the Resident Labour Force test.

Getting a work visa for the UK is now very difficult, but if you are qualified to do a job on the shortage occupation list then you are in a much better position. So, if your ultimate aim is to work in the UK and settle here then I would aim to study to give you the best qualification suitable to one of the roles on the list.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,