Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am curious to know please (as a South African citizen who

I am curious to know please (as a South African citizen who is on an Ancestry visa and is moving forward to ILR and UK citizenship), whether as soon as I get full UK naturalisation, will I be able to reside in EU countries for as long as I choose like any other British citizen? (My business is in the UK but online, so I can work remotely from anywhere).

Hi
Thanks for your question.
After you have naturalised you can apply for a UK passport. Once you have your UK passport this is proof of the fact that you are a UK citizen. You will at this point accrue the same rights an privileges as any other UK citizen.
This means that you will also be an EEA member state national and can travel to those countries on your UK passport in the same way any other UK citizen does.
So, yes – as soon as you have your passport you can travel to Eu countries without applying for a visa
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?

If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.

Please click accept. You will appreciate that I cannot work for free

Tom

Tom