UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

Sorry I just did some googling and realised that the UK does

Sorry I just did some googling and realised that the UK does not allow for heterosexual civil partnerships?! Is this true?
In that case, would my civil partnership registered in France be recognised in the UK for application of EEA residence?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

In your previous question you referred to civil partnerships, therefore I took this to mean that you and your partner were a homosexual couple hoping to execute a civil partnership. I assume from your post in this question that you are a heterosexual couple.

There is, I believe, case concerning heterosexual couple taking the UK government to the European Court of human rights in attempt to legalise heterosexual civil partnerships but they are presently not allowed I understand I'm afraid.

If you are in Singapore at the moment you will have to apply for a family permit before you travel here:-

Once you have here you will then have to apply for the residence card/permit I referred to in my original question:-

Assuming you to be a heterosexual couple then you would have to prove you are in a durable relationship. This usually means that you have cohabited for a period of two years before making the application. There is a bit of a gap from when you cohabited from 2009 to date but I should think that provided you are still in constant contact then you should be regarded as a unmarried couple in a durable relationship. Certainly if France permits heterosexual civil partnerships then this would be very firm evidence of you being a in a durable relationship with your partner and should be accepted.

Sorry for my sight oversight.