Awan-Legal
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
60469748

hi ,, i do working in uk illegally and pay tax since 5 years

hi ,, i do working in uk illegally and pay tax since 5 years ,, i decided to leave the country for ever, how can i get all my tax back ,, i heare from some one i have to make form p 85 , is that right?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 4 years ago.

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : ThE correct form is p85 s which is slightly different from the p85 as it is for someone who is not a british citizen. This form should only be used if you are not a UK citizen and you are leaving the UK after completing a work assignment here. If you do not fall into this category and you are leaving the UK, you should complete form P85 instead). The completed form should be sent to the tax office dealing with your tax and you should enter your tax reference (if known) and National Insurance number in the boxes at the top of the front page. - From 30 November 2010 the form P85(S) should no longer be used. Individuals claiming a tax refund on leaving the UK to work or live abroad, following the completion of a work assignment, should complete the form P85 (Leaving the UK – getting your tax right).
Awan-Legal : However, I am not sure whether this applies for those illegally in the Uk also since it is generally for those with visas. You can check anonymously with your local tax office - although bear in mind that it is a criminal offence to remain in the uk illegally and also your employer could be subjected to a maximum £10,000 fine for employing you illegally.
Awan-Legal : Please click accept on my answer, thanks.
Customer:

ok thank you ,, but i wanna to know befor i ask i got massage that question is free ,, why they i have to pay 43 pound

Awan-Legal : I am not sure - you will need to check with admin but it may be that the funds already held in your account are being used towards this question hence there is no further payment. Please click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time in that case. Thanks.