Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I AM GOING TO APPY UNDER TIER 1, ENTREPRENEUR CATEGORY. fOR

I AM GOING TO APPY UNDER TIER 1, ENTREPRENEUR CATEGORY. fOR THIS I NEED LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE WITH QUALIFICATION ''C1''.
PLEASE ANSWER:
A- IS ESOL TEST ACCEPTABLE FOR THAT CATEGORY? IF YES, WHICH ESOL TEST I SHOULD
TAKE.
B- IS TOEIC TEST ACCEPTABLE FOR SUCH CATEGORY?

THANKS
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi
Thanks for your question.
You will see guidance as to which tests are acceptable here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/entrepreneur/eligibility/english-language/#
Please see “What is an approved language test” at “More information” on the above link.
You will see on the following link a table of the accepted ESOL tests available and which providers provide those tests:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf
Any one of the tests on the link will be acceptable. There is on preferred test as such, by virtue of the fact that the tests are on the approved list they are all acceptable for the UKBA’s purposes.
Similaly you will see that the TOEIC are acceptable.
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear XXXXX,

Of the tests on the list you mentioned I have IELTS certificate 3 components 7 and one 6, of other certificate also I have 7 for the one which I had 6. So with two certificates I have 7 which is C1 for all 4 components. Please tell me is it acceptable to UKBA two valid certificates?

Thanks,

Ali

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ali,

I would say not, the critria is that you must have passed an English test. You have demonstrated that you can pass to the required level the various different constituent parts but have not shown that you can pass them in the form of one test.

It would certainly be a risk if you applied on that basis, and why take the risk would be my view.

Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear XXXXX

OK.

If I take new test and if I take ESOL, of different ESOL test mentioned in the list acceptable to UKBA which one I may take for Tier 1, entrepreneur?

Thanks,

Ali

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Ali,

Any of the tests are acceptable provided you pass at the required level.

From your writing on your answers I would be surprised if you did not pass.

Please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom