UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

am a Palestinian national who claimed asylum in 2002 but my

am a Palestinian national who claimed asylum in 2002 but my claim was refused. over a year ago i was granted indefinite leave to remain on exceptional ground due to the Home Office policy to deal with old application. my surname in my ILR was Hatab, i applied to the home office for travel document since no Palestinian Embassy is present in the UK and i could not therefore obtain Palestinian passport. a year a go i was given the home office travel document and i went to Jordan. i was then able to apply for my Palestinian Passport but my surname in my Palestinian passport is Hattab (with double T ). i would like to now to apply for transfer of the ILR to my Palestine passport and give up the home office travel document, but i am not sure what to do with the surname since it has one T in my ILR and double T in my passport? is there a special form that i need to apply for to correct this name?
Hi thank you for your question.

What you need to do is inform the Ukba of the discrepancy in the passport and your ILR document. Was the difference in your surname due to a mistake by the Ukba? If possible submit your birth certificate to clarify the matter.

In either case once your Apply to have your ILR transfered in your new passport you should ensure they are aware what your real surname should be on the ILR document.

In addition if you have obtained ILR and it has been over a year then maybe you should apply for a British passport. Just a thought.

I hope I have answered your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.