UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I am in turkey i want to go to the uk but i only have photocopy

Customer Question

I am in turkey i want to go to the uk but i only have photocopy of my indefinate to remain. My father has taken my passport and claimed it lost so i dont use my indefinate to go to the uk
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

You need to reapply for a new passport and then get ILR stamp back in your passport.

If you send it with a copy then it should be put back in your new passport.

Please remember to click accept so that I am credited for my time. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I want to leave turkey and be protected in the uk. Im escaping bcz i have been married by force. I am a victim of domestic violence i seriously need help otherwise i will be a victim of honour killing
You will have protection in the uk

But you won't get into the uk without a passport.

You therefore need to apply for a passport and get your leave stamped in it.

That is what you must do.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a passport saudi passport and photocopy of my indefinate to remain. However the original document is in the old passport and its with my abusive father. This is my only chance to leave. I am in my honeymoon thats the only way i can get out otherwise im stuck for good.
The ukba will need to be satisfied you are entitled to remain.

As such you could try and come to the uk, but be warned if they are not satisfied you are one and the same person, you coukd be refused entry,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What do i say to the turkish authority? No i am legal i am a phd student at city university london but my dad has forced me to get married and been abused and beaten up even jailed for trying to escape. Can the turkish authority check my staus in the system?
I am a uk lawyer. I do not know the exit requirement of turkey only uk entry requirement.

I do not know if turkey can check uk status, I would not think so though,