How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Awan-Legal Your Own Question
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 128
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Awan-Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to get a working holiday

Customer Question

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to get a working holiday visa to the Uk and extend it after 2 years to be with my english partner?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 5 years ago.

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : Thanks for your question. Which nationality are you?
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :


JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- : this question for free?

Awan-Legal : The working holiday scheme is no longer in existence. However, there is now a tier 5 youth mobility scheme which aims to replace this but is for only certain countries and depends on the places available as follows:
Awan-Legal : Australia - 32,500 placesCanada - 5,000 placesJapan - 1,000 placesNew Zealand - 10,000 placesMonaco - 1,000 placesTaiwan - 1,000 places
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

okay so under this tier 5 visa, would it be possible to extend the visa?

Awan-Legal : Great, that means you will qualify for the scheme. The question is not free - please click accept once I have answered otherwise your fund remain with the site. The link for the scheme is as follows:
Awan-Legal :
Awan-Legal : You can apply and enter the UK on this scheme if successful.
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

Look i've paid 94 dollars for a previous question and it said I could ask a question for free. I don't have the money to pay for another question

Awan-Legal : You cannot extend into the same category (I.e tier 5) once you have completed the two years.
Awan-Legal : If you live together with your British partner for 2 years during this period, then you can apply to stay in the UK on a further two year visa as an unmarried partner (before the end of which you can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK/permanent stay)
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

I can't pay for this question

JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

not til I get paid

Awan-Legal : I understand that but the money you have paid will remain with the site until you choose to accept an answer. You have already paid this amount towards this question also.
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

Ok so if I'm living with my partner for the 2 years under the tier 5 visa..I can then apply for the next visa whilst in the uk?

Awan-Legal : Yes you can, that is correct. I will send the link:
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

If i ask you another question, will I be charged again?

Awan-Legal : No - you can ask me more questions within the same price. I am happy to help. Here is the link:
Awan-Legal :
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

Thank you...I'm wondering how easy it would be for me to get a tier 5 visa in the first place?

Awan-Legal : As long as you meet the following criteria, you should be able to get a tier 5 visa:
Awan-Legal : be from Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan or Monaco;be at least 18 years old and under 31 years old when you apply; andhave at least £1600 of available money.You can only apply for this visa once in your life and you must have a valid passport from your home country.Proof of FundsYou need to show proof that you have at least £1600 to support your stay in the United Kingdom. Be aware that the currency exchange rate on the date that you pay your fees will be used to determine how much money is in your account.You must show evidence, such as an original bank statement dated no more than a month before your application. If you wish to use electronic bank statements, they must be stamped on every page by your bank or accompanied by an original letter from your bank. A letter from your bank confirming the balance in your account is also accepted proof of available funds.
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

and do I need to say where i'll be living?

Awan-Legal : Australia has the largest number of places available in the scheme so you should be able to get a visa if you meet the above criteria.
Awan-Legal : The form does not require this information so you should not have to provide this.
Awan-Legal : When applying for the visa.
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

so when applying for this tier 5 visa..they won't be asking where you'll stay?

Awan-Legal : No they will not.
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

What about any other debts I have, will they ask about those?

Awan-Legal : No but if you have any criminal offences or have been charged for any offence you will need to disclose these.
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

I don't mean criminal debts...I mean ongoing bank loans?

Awan-Legal : No problem so long as you have £16,000 available in your account for the one month you apply as above.
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :


Awan-Legal : My apologies £1600 - excuse my typing error.
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

okay...I was worried there

Awan-Legal : I can imagine... Sorry!
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

No problems, lol

JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

Can I please accept this answer when I am paid next week?

Awan-Legal : : )
Awan-Legal : I am not sure how it works. If you have already paid an initial deposit then perhaps that could go towards this otherwise whatever works best for you but please do remember to accept then.
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

I will

JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

okay thank you

JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

you've really helped me

JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

It's hard to find all these answers so I am grateful

Awan-Legal : Thank you. Just one amendment, if you will be applying from outside the UK, it is £800 over a 90 day period:
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

sorry can you explain that last comment to me?

Awan-Legal : Ignore that I accidentally copy and pasted from my i phone for another question.
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

oh okay lol

Awan-Legal : Although do note that the fees of £1600 will increase to £1800 from 14 June onwards.
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

does the visa cost 1600?

Awan-Legal : Good luck and thanks in advance for your accept next week.
Awan-Legal : It will cost £194 payable in Australian dollars but the £1600 is the amount you will require in the bank as above.
Awan-Legal : Hope that helps.
JACUSTOMER-sddrw68d- :

okay thank you

Awan-Legal : My pleasure, thanks.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions