INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Hi, Im a MSc student in the UK graduating this year. After

Customer Question

I'm a MSc student in the UK graduating this year. After I finish my studies I'm looking to applying for entrepreneur visa. At the same time I'm in a process of acquiring an existing UK company and becoming its director and shareholder. I would like to know what I have to do in order to be able to use this company for my new visa application. It is also important for me to know about any possible limitations I have in this regards XXXXX XXXXX types of business activities that could make it more difficult for me to get that entrepreneur visa.
I'm looking to get a detailed answer on these 3 questions I posed above.
Thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying £3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Answer is too basic. It spent more time typing that question than this guy spent googling the right UKBA page and copy-pasting it. The very first search query will give the link to the page with the info I got in the answer. My question was more specific and I already had that info I got in a reply as my background before posting question.
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If I have provided you with an answer, kindly click ACCEPT.

I would be grateful if you could answer some questions for me:

1. Has the company already been set up?
2. Have you already invested the required 50k into the company?

Many thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. Currently I'm on my student via and I don't think I'm going to switch within next several months (I will need to get a student visa extension later this month). And than I will show the money in the account for investment and everything else that's required. I would just like to find out what I should better avoid doing with this business while my immigration status is still as a student.
So, the answers to your questions would be:
1. The company is over 10 years old and I'm looking to acquiring it within a week (that is my business objective). The deal will be not expensive (less than 50k) but I will be able to show decent investment (200k if required) after.
2. See 1.

Thanks
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
From what I see there is a conflict between the first and the second sentences. If I'm wrong, please explain in different words.

If you meant that I'm not allowed to work, I can work up to 20 hours a week.

As far as I know there is a 200k minimum investment, not 50. But my question was about limitations with my current student visa. I will have to take care about entrepreneur visa later, for now just don't want to do anything wrong.

If you're not sure about the right answer please opt out from this question.
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!