UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Indefinite leave to remain – calculating continuous period

Customer Question

Indefinite leave to remain – calculating continuous period in UK

Can you please let me know if statement for “Caseworkers may count the period” for Applications that fall short of the five year continuous period is always the case. I have 70 days gap between my entry clearance and my start day of living in uk. 29/07-09/10 . Will this make any problem.

Relevant document

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/modernised/cross-cut/ilr-calculating-continuous/ilr-calculating-continuous.pdf?view=Binary
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hi thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately UKBA officers are very strict with rules. The UKBA usually allow you to submit your application no more than 28 days prior to you qualifying for the required residential period.

What you would need to do is wait until you meet the residential requirements and then submit an application for indefinite leave to remain.

If however, your leave to remain would have expired by that time, you would need to submit an application for further leave to remain first allowing you to meet the residential requirements (a further 70 days), and then submit an application for indefinite leave to remain thereafter.

I hope I have answered your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT

Kind regards,