Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

Please can you recommend a UK solicitor for me? I need to get

Please can you recommend a UK solicitor for me? I need to get in touch with one for some immigration issues. Thanks a lot.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately under the rules of this site we are not able to recommend a particular lawyer, although I may be able to point you in the right direction, but if you can provide a little more information - for example details of the type of immigration issues that you need help with, then I may be able to give you some advice.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was ban 10 years UK Visa because they said the person who invited me to the UK provided a fake Utility Bill. I applied through the british consulate in Lagos, Nigeria. That was in 2010 before I moved to the US. I currently hold a green card here and I want to travel to the UK for tourism. I need this ban removed as I did not submit any fake Nigeria document. The person in the UK should be punished for that and not me! Thanks
It sounds quite unlikely that you woudl be banned for 10 yearssolely because someone else rendered a false document. What was the nature of your application and why was it declined ? Solely because of the false document? Did you appeal or seek any review of the decision?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I appealed late because of the mail system delay in Nigeria at that time and I got there decision very late when I picked up my passport. They mailed back and said I appealed late so I explained to them that the delay was caused by the mail system in Nigeria. I have not heard back from them since 2010. It was a tourist visa. They declined it because the Energy Bill of the sponsor in the UK was said to be fake and none of my document was found to be fake. I have travelled to Australia, and moved permanently to the US after that and none of my document was said to be fake my this consulates. I'm a permanent resident in the US now. I wish to travel to the UK for the olympic so I need to know what steps should be taken.

Thanks

Well I am afraid there is little or nothing you can do about this . Normally when you are declined because you may have infringed rule under 320(7A) because a false document has been tendered by a third party you are told you can reapply but if there are any further issues you will be treated as having used "Deception" and banned for 10 years. It sounds as if there was something else wrong or you had been declined before but even if that was not the case because you failed to appeal in time your only remedy would be to seek a judicial review of the UKBA's decision. I think there is absolutely no prospect of you being able to successfully challenge the decision in time to get a visa before the olympics.