Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

Hello,I applied to get a UK Tier4 Visa (General Student)

Customer Question

Hello, I applied to get a UK Tier4 Visa (General Student) two week ago and I got it last week but I faced a problem while I'm preparing to my travel which is my last name has changed and according to my country's laws I have to re-issue a new passport! my course will be started next week? My question, what should I do? I don't have much time to apply again and I have legal documents to prove my old/new last name if needed. Should I go to the British Embassy in my country and explain the situation for them? And is there any chance to use my Visa in my old passport! Thanks in advance.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
If you have a visa in your old passport and you are able to produce proper evidence of the your change of name then that should be ok. The visa remains valid you will simply have to produce both passports and the legal evidence of change of name. You do not explain why your name has changed but I would suggest you get any relevant documents notarised.