INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My Passport has been stolen. This passport included Indefinite

My Passport has been stolen. This passport included Indefinite Residency Permit (Ref no UK3017214 dated 09 Mrch 09) for Settlement. What forms do I complete to obtain replacement. How can I proceed. I can only leave UK on a one-way ticket to get new passor by returning to Kazakhstan. How do I get replacement Visa first?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I will try and help you with this.

Did you report this matter to the Police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alex,

Yes. Loss reported to Police.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Are you unable to obtain a replacement passport whilst remaining in the UK?

I can advise you on getting replacement visa but not on the passport as that is an issue for the Kazak authorities.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can I get replacement Visa in UK before returning to Kazakhstan
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Please bear with me. I will type an answer very shortly.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.

Form NTL needs to be submitted to the UK BA. You must provide evidence of your identity plus details of the original permit.

Here is a link to the form:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/ntlform0420091.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This link does not lead to the form you refer to. It is a dead-end..
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
I have re-checked the link and it works.

Try again:

Alternatively you should go to UK Border Agency website and in the forms section type NTL - the form you need is the Feb 2012 version.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.

I am now attaching the document as a PDF which should work. Just click on the word 'FORM' below.

FORM
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Please remember to click ACCEPT leave FEEDBACK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alex,

I have waded through the web-site and conclude:

I have to apply for enrollment to get a Biometric Residence permit

I get an Interview date/time

I then visit one of the nominated Post offices for finger printing

I then wait for issue of my BMP

I then use the BMP to apply for an NTL by post

I receive NTL

I can then leave UK to arrange replacement for Stolen Passport in Home Country and I can then be re-admitted to UK under same conditipons as present. I do same for my 7yr old son?? or do I apply for Family BMP?.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
I will need some time to verify the information you have found. Are you happy to wait for me to do this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

My colleague has opted out. Please let me know what further queries you have just so that we are on the same page? What visa does your son have and was his passport stolen as well?

Thank you
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If I have provided you with an answer, kindly click ACCEPT.

My colleague Alex has kindly passed this across to me to deal with.

As Alex has stated above, it should not be a problem obtaining a replacement visa, however, in order to first do so, you need to obtain a replacement Passport from the Kazakhstan authorities.

If this is not possible, you will have to apply for a Biometric Residence Permit and then subsequently a No Time Limit (NTL) endorsement, which will be endorsed on an Immigration Status Document.

Once this has been issued, you will be able to travel to your home country and then obtain a replacement passport.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been to one of the recognised Post Offices for issue of Biometric passport (Old Street London). They have given me form SE/04/01. This is titled United Kingdom Passport Application. This appears to be written for UK residents. When challenged they acknowldedged this was not for NON-UK personnel...are they right. You told me I cannot get replacement for my stolen NTL without first getting a BMP.

Is SE/04/01 what I complete to apply for BMP.If not which form?.

Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

The se/04/01 is not the correct form for you to complete to obtain a kazak passport. The correct form can be obtained from your embassy.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

Kind regards, p
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know the only way to get a Kazakh passport is to return home, however I am not going to leave UK without first getting a replacement for my Stolen NTL UK Visa. UK Border Agency say you cannot get an NTL without first getting a Biometric passport. What form do I need to get one? Clearly it is not SE/04/01
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please please can you help. I am going round and round the different authorities. This is evident from the chain of queries above. I am more concerned with getting a full reply that I can follow through than a quick answer. many thanks.
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.
I will look into this further and revert back to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am happy to wait for your full reply thanks
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Waiting.

Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

I have looked into this in some detail and unfortunately, you will have to find a way to obtain a Kazakh Passport.

If you contact the Kazakh Embassy in the UK, they may be able to issue you with a Travel Document which would allow you a single trip to Kazakhstan from where you can apply for a new passport.

With regard to the replacement Visa, you are able obtain a replacement Visa from the UKBA. As you do not have a Kazakh passport, the Visa will be issue on an Immigration Status Document. This is an A4 sheet of paper which will have your Vignette endorsed upon it. This will allow you to travel to and from the UK without any hindrance, however, it is not a Passport.

As you are a Kazakh National and not have yet obtained UK Citizenship, your passport can only be issued by the Kazakh authorities. If they are unable to issue a passport in the UK, they should be able to issue you with a Travel Document which will allow you to travel to Kazakhstan. Your Immigration Status Document will allow you back into the UK.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So I need an IMmigration Status Document. Can you please advise which form is applicable. The UKBA web-site talks about ASL 2150.2151,2152 and 2373.
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

You will need Form NTL.

I am not sure what the references you mention above relaye to.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please listen.

My visa was printed in my passport which was STOLEN.

I followed your instructions Which were get an NTL. To do this I need a Biometric Passport but the specialists centre in Old Street PO told me this is incorrect and I checked by ringing UKBA help desk. I Need an Immigration Status Statement. I asked you above to tell me which form was needed. Please answer my question.

Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

The form you require can be obtained on the following link:

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply, I followed the link and realise I have to submit NTL Application Form Version 04/2012. However it takes us right back to my earlier question. In this form on page 13 (Section 6) it refers to the need to include an Immigration Status (Statement) or Document. Can you please advise which form is used for this?. The UKBA web-site talks about ASL 2150.2151,2152 and 2373. Many thanks
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

I will confirm this and revert back to you later today.

Many thanks,
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

Do you have a copy of the letter that was sent to you when your ILR was issued?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I kept a colour copy of my Visa stamp which was in my stolen passport. I may still have copy of letter but this only gave Visa reference number. SHow
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I kept a colour copy of my Visa stamp which was in my stolen passport. I may still have copy of letter but this only gave Visa reference number. SHow o
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I kept a colour copy of my Visa stamp which was in my stolen passport. I may still have copy of letter but this only gave Visa reference number. SHow o what
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I kept a colour copy of my Visa stamp which was in my stolen passport. I may still have copy of letter but this only gave Visa reference number. SHow o what is
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I kept a colour copy of my Visa stamp which was in my stolen passport. I may still have copy of letter but this only gave Visa reference number. SHow o what is my
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I kept a colour copy of my Visa stamp which was in my stolen passport. I may still have copy of letter but this only gave Visa reference number. SHow o what is my next
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I kept a colour copy of my Visa stamp which was in my stolen passport. I may still have copy of letter but this only gave Visa reference number. SHow o what is my next step.
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

If you have a copy of the Visa Stamp and the Letter that was sent to you at the time, you will have to write to the UKBA, Croydon Office, and inform them of the circumstances and provide details of the lost passport and any Police Reports.

The UKBA will then make a decision on whether to issue you an Immigration Status Document with a replacement ILR Vignette.

The process is purely discretionary and there is no set form.

The codes to which you refer above are codes on a type of Visa and do not relate to any specific forms.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)