Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

i came on spouse visa 3 months ago but now my wife throw me

Customer Question

i came on spouse visa 3 months ago but now my wife throw me out...what i do now? can i stay in uk or not?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. Has she informed the UKBA that your relationship has broken down?
  • 2. Are there any children of the relationship

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no child. she did not report to ukba but she said to me she will not help me to get indifinet stay.
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

If you do not have an English citizen child then I'm afraid that you do not have any real prospects of obtaining a further stay here without leaving the country.

If you wife will not support your application for ILR then this is also not a possibility. However, if your wife does not inform the UKBA then they will not curtail visa because to do this they must have confirmation that the relationship has broken down.

If you wish to obtain a permanent stay here then I would suggest that the best thing you could do is to get employment with a company that is willing to sponsor you as a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled worker even after you lose your visa rights. You cannot switch to the Tier 2 category whilst in the UK on a spouse visa but if they are ultimately willing to sponsor you in the future then you can prepare your application for this then leave to return home and submit the application from your home country straight away.

Details on Tier 2 sponsorship here:-

The alternative is to attempt a reconciliation with your wife.

I am extremely sorry it could not be better news.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Under new uk law for settlement how much income i have to show to sponsor my wife and my British daughter?

can i send 2 months payslips and bank statment with employment letter?

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

If you are already here on a spouse visa (as you have stated) then the new rules do not apply to you, so you don't have to demonstrate that your wife meets the salary threshold.

Kind regards,