How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Knox Your Own Question
John Knox
John Knox, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1155
Experience:  solicitor with 8 years experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
John Knox is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

RA hg

Customer Question

My wife who is from Uzbekistan left me 6 months ago.She does not have a UK passport but was given the right to stay.She can not claim benifits.I can not support her.
She has work as a shop assitant in London on a short term contract.I do not know were she lives.
How does she stand once i have divorced her ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  John Knox replied 5 years ago.

I will do my best to help you with this.

You say she was given the right to stay. Can you confirm what her immigration status is please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Spouse visa
Expert:  John Knox replied 5 years ago.
Her visa will be valid until it expires but she will need to make provision to stay here thereafter (which will be difficult) or go back to Uzbekistan.

If she has work here, she could try to get sponsorship from her employer and apply for a Tier 2 migrant worker visa, if they are prepared to extend her contract/offer her a new one.

Expert:  John Knox replied 5 years ago.

Please remember to click ACCEPT so that I receive credit for my work.

Thank you very much

Related UK Immigration Law Questions