How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Knox Your Own Question
John Knox
John Knox, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1155
Experience:  solicitor with 8 years experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
John Knox is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question


My ancestry visa expires in June. We have just applied for my husband to migrate to Australia which can take anywhere from 3-6 months to be approved. We have been together for 8 years, married for 5 1/2 years and have a 3 1/2 year old child who has dual citizenship.
Would I get into trouble or possibly not be allowed back into the UK in the future if I overstayed my visa by 3 months?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  John Knox replied 5 years ago.

I will do my best to help you with this.

If you overstay, you could get a 10 year ban when you do then leave. You could appeal that but it is not an ideal position to be in obviously.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions