Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
13262538

MY FRIEND HAS BEEN IN UK SINCE AUGUST HE WAS THERE TO VISIT

MY FRIEND HAS BEEN IN UK SINCE AUGUST HE WAS THERE TO VISIT AUNT AUNT GOT ILL AND HE STAYED AND TOOK CARE OF HER WHEN HE TRIED TO LEAVE THE UK THEY SAID HE OOVERSTAYEDHIS VISIT AND THAT HE NEEDED STAMP ON PASSPORT AUNT FLEW TO SCOTLAND TO TRY AND GET STAMP THEY SAID HE NEEDS TO PAY 30 POUNDS FOR EVERY DAY PASS HIS TIMELIMIT AND HE HAS NO MONEY WHAT IS HIS OPTIONS
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  John Knox replied 5 years ago.

I will do my best to help you with this.

What is the total charge at the moment and what has immigration said when your friend told them he has no money?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HI JOHN, I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY SAID HE TOLD ME THAT IF HIS STAY WAS OVER A MONTH THAT THEY WOULD DISCOUNT WHAT HE OWES BUT DIDNT SAY HOW MUCH IS THERE ANYWAY WE CAN REFUND HIS TICKET SO HE HAS A WAY HOMETHAT HAS BEEN PART OF HIS PROBLEM I HAD TO SEND HIM MONEY JUST FOR THE TICKET AND IS THERE ANYWHERE NEAR BIRMINGHAM THAT IS CLOSER TO GET THAT STAMP INSTEAD OF SCOTTLAND THANK YOU
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I HAVE NOT RECIEVED YOUR RESPONSE THANK YOU
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Hi
I am afraid that someone is confused here.
If an over stayer turns up at an airport to leave the country then their passport is stamped to ensure that they cannot return and then they are placed on the plane.
The stamp is available at the airport there is no question of anyone going from Birmingham to Scotland at all.
They are not detained and there is no fine to pay - they simply are not allowed to return to the UK.
Unless this is a friend whom you have known personally (by which I mean met) for many years please do not send them any more money - and if they are a close personal friend then I suggest that you arrange for him to speak to his embassy as clearly he is the victim of a scam.
Claire
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NOW ONCE THEY PUT HIM ON THE PLANE TO LEAVE DO THEY JUST LET HIM GO AND OR IS HE IN TROUBLE WHEN HE ARRIVES IN THE STATES
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Hi
So long as he is entitled to enter the US then there is no problem - the UK is simply happy that the over stayer has left voluntarily
Claire
Clare, Solicitor
Experience: 25 years hight street experience