Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Dear Sir/Madam, My wifes application for FLR is in the

Dear Sir/Madam,

My wife's application for FLR is in the Home Office. i sent file on 20th Dec 2011 and did not get any confirmation or biometric letter. I contacted Home office and they send BIO Metric letter on 30th Jan 2012, which we revived and enrolled biometric as well.

My Father in law is not well. He has heart problem and doctor strongly suggested By Pass operation. But he wants to see my wife before he goes for operation. We need to travel urgently but passport is in the home office. It was already delayed as we did not receive the letter at first place.

Just want to get your advise how we can get this process fast. is there any way we can treat this under Urgent Treatment. I have got reports confirming condition of my father in law.

Thanks.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-
1. When does your wife’s current leave to remain expire
2. Would you return to the UK before the expiry of her current leave to remain
Kind regards.
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Full detail:

I had Tier2 General in 2010 (Valid march 2013) and applied Tier 1 general in oct 2010, which was refused. I sponsored my wife to come UK in Jan 2011 on Tier2 dependent. In the meantime i asked for admin review of my Tier 1 general which was successful. So i got Tier 1 general in Feb 2011.

We were planning to go on holiday, my friend suggested to change visa of my wife from tier2 dependant to tier 1 dependant. so we send the application.

Her current leave (Tier 2 Dependant) is valid until march 2013. and we will be back before that anyway. Max 4-5 weeks.

Hope this will help to give answer. thanks.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

Once an application has been submitted there is no facility as such for you to request the UKBA fast track the application. The reality is that most applicants would say that their application is of an urgent nature and it is therefore difficult/overly time-consuming for the UKBA to determine which order they should deal with each by.

However, they obviously retain discretionary powers to attend to one file quicker than another. You therefore have two options:-
1) Write to the UKBA fully explaining your situation and providing documentary evidence of your father’s condition and asking them to attend to your wife’s application urgently. This may (may help) but there is no guarantee knowing that the UKBA are as overburdened as they are. If the application is plainly eligible and with all the appropriate documentary evidence you may get lucky and get an understanding caseworker.
2) Write to the UKBA withdrawing the application and providing details of the reason why. They will send the application back. Your fee will be forfeit but you will probably get the documentation/passport back within two weeks. She has sufficient leave to remain to go to visit the father and return so this won’t be a problem but you will then have to make a further application in due course, again paying the application fee.

I’m afraid you have rather been a victim of terrible timing here and you have my sympathies.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?

If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.

Please click accept. You will appreciate that I cannot work for free

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.