UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert

Re Listed question: My wife applying for student visa in

Re Listed question:

My wife applying for student visa in Feb 2012. I have maintanined £12000.00 in my own account from Dec 19th 2011 to Jan 22nd 2012 and withdrawn the money on 23rd jan 2012. my question is, does the statement is not valid to apply for visa, because we have withdrawn the statment.? I would like to apply for visa on 10th Feb 2012. does the funds should be in the account till the visa processing or the statment which is not older than 30days will be fine.
Thank you.
Mr. Reddy
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.
where is your wife currently?

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is In India.
Thank you,

The requirement is that the money should have been held for at least 28 consecutive days upto the date of the cloding balance on the statement and that the statement should not be older than 30 days of the application date.

Because you withdrew the money on 23rd January, you should wait or use another account which satisfies the requirements.

Hope this clarifies. Please click Accept
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to bother you . I am really in confusion.

my statment closing day is 23rd jan2012, which is more than 30days consecutive days, and If we apply before 22nd feb 2012, the statment is not older than 30 days.

so It sense me a valid statment. please clarify my confusion.
What is the opening balance and date of the statement, what is the closing balance and date?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dec 19th 2011 - £12000.00 opening Balance
Jan 23rd 2012 - £12000.00 closing balance.

does the funds need to be in the account during the visa processing? or less than 30 days old statement is fine.?
Thank you for the clarification.

The statement is fine in that case. The statement should not be older than 30 days from the date of the application.

Please click Accept
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert