Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.

What is the process for becoming settled ? Do I need to fill

Customer Question

What is the process for becoming settled ? Do I need to fill out documents before re-entering the UK or just return to the UK using my british citizenship/passport then apply for my national card .
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 4 years ago.

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal :

If you have a British passport, then you have the right of abode which means you do not need permission to enter/reenter the UK.

Awan-Legal :

If your British passport has expired, then you will need to apply for a new one before travelling to the UK.

Awan-Legal :

As you are a British citizen (you hold citizenship/passport) you do not need to worry about applying for settlement as you have the right to live in the UK without any restrictions.

Awan-Legal :

The Regional Passport Processing Centre website will tell you everything you need to know about applying for a new or replacement British passport from Canada.

Further detailed information on the application process is available here.

Awan-Legal :

I am assuming that you are from Canada as I have read your other questions to get some more background. Please let me know if you are not and I will redirect you to the relevant application process from the country where you are.

Awan-Legal :

I hope that answers your question. Please click accept on my answer and let me know if there is anything else I can help with. Kind regards, Awan Legal.