Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm.
30932268

A mexican citizen is planning to come on holiday to the uk

A mexican citizen is planning to come on holiday to the uk for 2 weeks they will be flying from cancun to london staying in london for 3days then stay in liverpool for the remainder of the trip. They will be staying for 15days and returning to cancun. They have a full indate mexican passport and will be staying with a uk citizen for the duration of the trip will they need to do anything prior to arrival I have tried to research online.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I will try and help you with this.

Is the person travelling simply as a tourist?

Does he have a criminal record?

How will he fund the trip?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes as a tourist he does not have a criminal record i will be booking the flight and paying for the flight but he has money to bring with him and is staying with me
Expert:  Alice H replied 5 years ago.
He does not need a visa to enter the UK but on arrival may be asked by the Immigration Service to explain the reasons for travel and how he will maintain himself. He should have all that information with him and contact details of the person he will be visiting. Apart from this there is nothing else he needs to do.