UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert

i am applying for student visa and the money that was given

Customer Question

i am applying for student visa for UK and the money that was given to me by my parents for my maintenance funds was given to me cash in which i also deposited the cash under my bank account and they did not withdraw it from bank but the cash was available on hand. my father retired last june 2009 and received his compensation and benefits and did not bank it. i am afraid that the embassy will be asking me for additional evidence just like what they did before , and reason i was refused because i was not able to provide them an additional evidence that would say that the money was held from this person and was withdrawn and was given to me.

the first refusal was the embassy was not able to verify my bank..

the second refusal reason was they ask me to submit additional evidence that the money was held by this person who sponsors me and withdrawn it and was given to me...

now my question is if i provide them with a bank statement that this money is held from this person.. should it shows that there was a withdrawal transaction in there?

another thing is, what if the money that was handed to me was never withdrawn from a bank? what kind of evidence should i be providing the embassy?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.
First, see here for the list of approved banks in your country:

See here for general principles for showing proof of funding:

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have read it already and my bank is metrobank and it is on the list.

I have also read the evidence for the funds and from what I understood, since the money was given to in cash, i still need to ask from my parents a bank statement that shows they have funds available for me.

please help me and now i am a bit confused.
If the money is not in a bank, then your parents should write al letter confirming your relationship to them and setting out how much money will be given to you for your studies in the UK, you should also enclose your birth certificate showing their details.

Hope this helps
Please click on Accept
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay thank you. i'll do that. I was a bit worried because before I was asked to submit additional evidence in which the money was previously held before it was given to me. I did not know what to submit since it was given to me in cash and it was not withdrawn from a bank. And so I was refused and entry.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you

You may wish to look here for further information: