How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am applying for student visa and the money that was given

Customer Question

i am applying for student visa for UK and the money that was given to me by my parents for my maintenance funds was given to me cash in which i also deposited the cash under my bank account and they did not withdraw it from bank but the cash was available on hand. my father retired last june 2009 and received his compensation and benefits and did not bank it. i am afraid that the embassy will be asking me for additional evidence just like what they did before , and reason i was refused because i was not able to provide them an additional evidence that would say that the money was held from this person and was withdrawn and was given to me.

 the first refusal was the embassy was not able to verify my bank..

the second refusal reason was they ask me to submit additional evidence that the money was held by this person who sponsors me and withdrawn it and was given to me...

now my question is if i provide them with a bank statement that this money is held from this person.. should it shows that there was a withdrawal transaction in there?

 another thing is, what if the money that was handed to me was never withdrawn from a bank? what kind of evidence should i be providing the embassy?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.
First, see here for the list of approved banks in your country:

See here for general principles for showing proof of funding:

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have read it already and my bank is metrobank and it is on the list.

I have also read the evidence for the funds and from what I understood, since the money was given to in cash, i still need to ask from my parents a bank statement that shows they have funds available for me.

please help me and now i am a bit confused.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
If the money is not in a bank, then your parents should write al letter confirming your relationship to them and setting out how much money will be given to you for your studies in the UK, you should also enclose your birth certificate showing their details.

Hope this helps
Please click on Accept
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience: English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay thank you. i'll do that. I was a bit worried because before I was asked to submit additional evidence in which the money was previously held before it was given to me. I did not know what to submit since it was given to me in cash and it was not withdrawn from a bank. And so I was refused and entry.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

You may wish to look here for further information:

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years hight street experience
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.