UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert

I am a Canadian student in the UK on. Tier 4 student visa which

I am a Canadian student in the UK on. Tier 4 student visa which expires in August. I have a job offer in the UK to start June 4. I have all the documentation that qualifies me for an Ancestry visa but I can't do the application from within the UK. Can I go home for spring break and apply? Can I have an overlap on Visas?

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

Yes, you may certainly apply for the Ancestry visa when you are back in Canada for the Spring Break and yes, you may have an overlap of visas. As you have rightly picked out, you cannot apply for the Ancestry visa from within the UK.

However, the student visa will become irrelevant if not cancelled as soon as you obtain the Ancestry visa.

Good luck. Please click on Accept
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If the visa replaces my student visa, will that jeopardise my student status in any way?
Not at all considering an Ancestry visa is regarded as "superior" to a student visa.

All the best