UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
62162956

Hello, I was on 3.5yr WP and 1.5 yr Tier I visa. Submitted

I was on 3.5yr WP and 1.5 yr Tier I visa. Submitted an ILR premium application through a solicitor today (Feb 1 2012). I paid £650 for premiu/same day service. My solicitor told me that ILR premium is not the same as same day service, according to him, there is no such a thing as same day because it always takes at least two days to hear a decision. But today, one of friends told his solicitor got him ILR approval on the same day, and he paid less money than me! I am just wonder if my solicitor has overcharged me?

Optional Information:
Province/Country relating to question : London
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

It is possible to get ILR using the same day premium service at a Public Enquiry Office.

It seems like you chose the "wrong" solicitor, it wouldn't be a case of overcharging as you have agreed to pay him the 650 pounds. If he charged you more than what was agreed, that would be overcharging.

It is the same way you may more for say the same TV set at a different retailer.

However you should challenge your solicitor about the possibility of misleading you into thinking he would get the ILR in one day as opposed to two or more days.

Hope this helps. Please click on Accept