Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

my fiance gets beneifits but disability, its something else

Customer Question

my fiance gets beneifits but disability, it's something else does this change anything?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for requesting me.

The fact that he claims benefits does not mean that you cannot make an application provided the benefits are legitimate (ie. not resulting from benefit fraud) and no further benefits will be claimed by him or you once you are here.

The indirect difficulty is that you have to show that as a married couple you will be able to meet the additional living costs of you coming and settling in the country. Usually this is done by showing that you would be able to work and therefore derive an extra income which would meet the increased costs of living and accommodating eachother. If you can’t work then you will have to show that you have other sources of income or capital assets which you can utilise in order to support yourselves.

Start by doing a detailed budget of what your likely expenses would be once you lived in the UK and then compare this to the income/assets you have available. Your fiancé should take this to a solicitor nearby him in order to get advice on whether the UKBA will accept this as proof of your financial eligibility or whether they will reject the application and force you to appeal hoping for a fairing hearing of your evidence.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Kind regards,

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is a UKBA?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.