INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I made an application to the UK embassy in Nigeria to attend

I made an application to the UK embassy in Nigeria to attend a conference on the 30/06/2011 filling a Business visitor vaf 1c form. I was issued 6 months multiple visa. Although, in my application, I indicated I was going in for 1 week, but I ended up spending 2 weeks simply because I found another 3 days training with saint johns ambulance, which was paid for. I then returned to the UK 2 months after to spend my vacation, I was there for 2 months.

Thereafter my visa expired, I applied for a renewal 1 month after, but this time applying for 2 years with an invitation to attend another conference on health and safety which is very relevant to my field. This conference with be taking place in February 2012.

I included all necessary documents, including my bank statement which has well over £5,000 as balance, hotel reservation as well as a letter of invitation from a friend ( included in the letter of invitation from my friend are her 6 months bank statement and pay slips, mortgage documents, her British passport data page, ID card etc) introduction letter from my various companies as well as my property documents.

The entry clearance officer made reference to my first application stating that I said I was going in for 1 week yet I spent 2 weeks , and that I returned to the uk on vacation and spent 2 months. he said the business visa that I had at that time does not entitled me to go on vacation to the uk.

That if the immigration officer at the point of entry knew I was on vacation he would have revoked my visa.

He said also that I I planned to split my stay in the uk between the hotel and with my friend, and that given the details above he was not satisfied that it was my intention to do so, he wasnt sure that i will be adequately maintained and accommodated in the uk.

And therefore he has refused my application because he was not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that I met all the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the united kingdom immigration rules.

That my right of Appeal is limited to the ground referred to in section 84 (1) (c)

Where do I go from here? The health and safety conference is very important to me and besides I reply need the visa to enable me opportunity to go in and out of the uk. I didn't mention here that this time around it was the general visitors form that I filled.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

As it stands, you have two options:

1. Appeal

An Appeal under Section 84(1)(c) is limited to human rights grounds. In order to be successful, you have to establish that the decision of the UKBA will breach one of your fundamental human rights. In addition, you also have to prove that you meet the requirements of the rules.

At present, all decisions issued after 19th December will have to pay a fee of £140.00 when submitting the Appeal.

2. Fresh Application

If you submit a fresh application, you will need to address the points raised in the previous UKBA refusal decision.

From the information you have provided above, I would suggest that you Appeal and you request your Sponsor to attend the Appeal and provide evidence.

In order to Appeal, you will need to complete Form IAFT-2 and submit this within 28 days of receipt of the decision.

Once the Appeal Hearing date has been issued, you will also be provided with Directions. These are normally that you will submit any documentation that you intend to rely upon no later than 5 working days before the Hearing.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello sir,

Thank you for your submission on my case, I will prefer to make a fresh application. My question here is with the type of visa that I had. Business visa. I wonder why a multiple visa will not again entitle me to visit the UK on vacation especially when the visa is still valid and it is a multiple entry visa.

Is there anything like business vacation?

I like for you to please advice me on how to go about defending my case in my new applicarion.

Apart from my friends documents inviting me to stay with her while I visit for the conference, my aunty has also sent me letter of invitation to stay in her please with all necessary documents, will you advice that I still fill the general visitors form.

What is also my offense with the 2 weeks I spent instead of the 1 week I said I was going to spend.

Do you render services for applicants in Nigeria who needs to appeal? How do you charge for such services? And how long will this take?
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

A Multi-Entry Business Visitors Visa still does not allow you to visit the UK as a Tourist.

With regard to a new application, if you will be visiting the UK as a Tourist, you will need to submit a General Visitors Form unless you have family in the UK in which case I would suggest you complete the Family Visitors Form.

You will have to state in your application that you were previously refused and should provide the reasons of refusal along with a copy of the decision. You should then attempt to address the points raised in the Letter of Refusal in your new application.

With regard to the 2 weeks that you have spent in the UK instead of the 1 week, this is not in itself a offence. Your Visa allowed you to stay up to six months. However, he UKBA would probably argue that you stated that you would be in the UK for 1 week but ended staying 2 weeks. This would lead them to argue that your intentions were not what you originally stated.

My firm does do work of this nature, however, as Experts, we are not permitted to act for customers outside of the site. However, I could recommend a lawyer for you. I would suggest you contact Mr. Hassan Butt on +441189 585 855 or hassan_butt@hotmail.co.uk

Kind regards,

Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

If I have answered your original question, kindly click accept.

If you do not, I do not get credit for my time.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow-up questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please forgive my too many question,

My Fiance is suggesting I keep a hold on further application, she rather suggest we should bring the date of our wedding forward so that I can then apply for settlement visa. She planned to come back to Nigeria earlier than scheduled (she is a British citizen).

Do you think the decision taken by the clearance officer refusing me visa at this time will have ny negative effect on my settlement visa application, if yes what will you suggest that I do to negate this effect?

I was previously married and my divorce process has been in the high court since but I still used my marriage certificate in the last application that I submitted since I have not been given final judgement on the marriage divorce. How ever the lawyer handlingit told me that the final judgement will be given before the end of next week.

In what ways will this affect my next application I mean the settlement. Will it not be refered to that in my last application I used a particular marriage certificate and now another although, I will include the divorce certificate from the high court.

Please advice me accordingly.
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

If you could marry first, this would simplify your application slightly.

Any decision taken now should not adversely affect your application for a settlement visa as you are applying for a different category of Visa.

With regard to your previous marriage, this will obviously have an affect on your ability to obtain a Spouse Visa and you will have to prove that your previous marriage has irretrievably broken down before you will be granted a further Visa.

Thus, you will need to make sure that you submit the final Divorce Decree at the time you make an application for a Spouse Visa.

Kind regards,

INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)