UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert

hello, i am current on tier 4 student visa which will expire

i am current on tier 4 student visa which will expire on 6th feb 2012. I am eligible to apply psw but i don't need that as i want to go back to my home country and i do not wish to stay here. But i need to stay here till mid of march so i need 1 month extention on my visa. Is there any possible solution for my problem. Also i want to know if i don't extend my visa and directly go back after one month of my visa getting expired will i face any punishments?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your query which I will try and answer.

Please let me know why you need to stay in the UK until mid March?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i need to stay here because i haven't cleared my last semester so now i need to take dissertation before leaving and then i will submit it from india and they will post my degree to my country. But in order to complete the formalities i need to wait for the next term to start and my dissertation topic to be approved and the next term starts on 8th march so i will start the formalities on 8th march and will take around and week to get everything done and then i will leave.
You could lodge an application to extend your visa but this will be quite a cumbersome process and involve expenses.

You could use the same day fast track service for the extension provided that you can get the supporting documents (CAS) and maintenance proof to get your 40 points for the extension.

You could take the risk of overstaying our visa, if you are caught between the time your visa expires and the time you leave the UK, you may be detained, if you are not caught, you may never be found out and can leave the UK without any hassle. If caught at the airport, your passport may be stamped and you may get a ban for some years before you may return to the UK.

Hope this helps. Please click on Accept and I will answer your follow up query if you have any.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is the possibility of me getting caught ?
I am afraid it is difficult to say , but if you keep low and do not get intouch mischief, the probability of you getting caught is small.

There are several thousand overstayers in the UK who have overstayed their visas for a number of years without ever getting caught.

All the best. Please click Accept