How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4301
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello, i am current on tier 4 student visa which will expire

Resolved Question:

i am current on tier 4 student visa which will expire on 6th feb 2012. I am eligible to apply psw but i don't need that as i want to go back to my home country and i do not wish to stay here. But i need to stay here till mid of march so i need 1 month extention on my visa. Is there any possible solution for my problem. Also i want to know if i don't extend my visa and directly go back after one month of my visa getting expired will i face any punishments?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your query which I will try and answer.

Please let me know why you need to stay in the UK until mid March?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i need to stay here because i haven't cleared my last semester so now i need to take dissertation before leaving and then i will submit it from india and they will post my degree to my country. But in order to complete the formalities i need to wait for the next term to start and my dissertation topic to be approved and the next term starts on 8th march so i will start the formalities on 8th march and will take around and week to get everything done and then i will leave.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
You could lodge an application to extend your visa but this will be quite a cumbersome process and involve expenses.

You could use the same day fast track service for the extension provided that you can get the supporting documents (CAS) and maintenance proof to get your 40 points for the extension.

You could take the risk of overstaying our visa, if you are caught between the time your visa expires and the time you leave the UK, you may be detained, if you are not caught, you may never be found out and can leave the UK without any hassle. If caught at the airport, your passport may be stamped and you may get a ban for some years before you may return to the UK.

Hope this helps. Please click on Accept and I will answer your follow up query if you have any.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is the possibility of me getting caught ?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
I am afraid it is difficult to say , but if you keep low and do not get intouch mischief, the probability of you getting caught is small.

There are several thousand overstayers in the UK who have overstayed their visas for a number of years without ever getting caught.

All the best. Please click Accept
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 4301
Experience: English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
  • John Knox's Avatar

    John Knox


    Satisfied Customers:

    solicitor with 8 years experience