Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.

Hello again, my friend received acknowledgement letter on 10

Hello again, my friend received acknowledgement letter on 10 Jan 2012 whish was issued on 6 jan 2012 and it was mentioned do not send any further document unless asked by the caseworker. However, till todate there is not further correspondence from Home Office and we dont know whether they require any further document? Also I have checked with my friend and he informed that he did have biometric at the time of issuing his immigration visa and still not sure whether he will require it again? Can you please give some information on these points?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 4 years ago.

Awan-Legal :

Hi, thank you for requesting me again to answer your question and please click accept on my previous answer.

Awan-Legal :

That is good news that he has received an acknowledgement letter. This means that the UKBA have received the application and it will now be in the consideration process. At this stage, the Home Office has not asked for further documents and it is not guaranteed that they will require any further documents, however, if they do then they will write to you to request further documents. Now that they have the application, it may take some time to decide - on average a few months so do not be worried if you do not hear from them in the meantime. His visa will continue on the same conditions as before in the meantime as per my last answer.

Awan-Legal :

Also, although he already enrolled his biometrics for his last visa, he will again need to enrol for his biometrics for this visa. He should receive a letter in the next few weeks requesting him to book an appointment to attend the UKBA for taking his biometrics.

Awan-Legal :

Please click accept on this answer and my last answer. Let me know if you have any further questions from the above and I am happy to answer them on this feed.