Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I require urgent advice regarding Extension to stay in the

I require urgent advice regarding Extension to stay in the UK application having failed Life in the UK test. I have already received extension 2 years ago having arrived in the UK 4 years ago. I am married to British Citizen and have got 2 children both British Citizens. I am male, Mr Dragan Marjanovic, nationality Serbian. My current leave to remain expires on 15/2/2012 and am required to re-apply by 18/1/2012 so this is rather urgent.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. What would you like to know?

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can i apply again
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you can make a further application. You have stated that your current leave to remain does not expire until 15th February. Any application you make before this time will be considered. I note the say that you should apply before 18th January 2012 but if you still have leave any application you submit before you current leave expires.

In actual fact even if your leave to remain expires they would be unlikely to be successful in having you deported because you are married to a UK citizen and have UK citizen children because you have an Article 8 Right to a family and private life which is a strong argument against deportation proceedings and becomes even more stronger the longer you have been married.

If you have been married for 4 years or more then I would not expect the UKBA to issue deportation proceedings so I think you can calm down a bit .

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom