Awan-Legal
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
60469748

Hi,I am applying for Indefinite leave to remain as aTier

Customer Question

I am applying for Indefinite leave to remain as aTier 2 migrant category. I am in a full time job and have been living in UK lawfully for 5 years. I have all the necessary documents and payslips, LIFE in The UK test pass letter, bank statements, passportand travel documents and letter from sponser.

My question is thatalthough my application is straightforward, I justwant to know what the UKBA lookfor in Bank statements under Section 5 finances of Form SET(O) as there is some ambiguity around what theywill lookfor in finances. I have never claimed any benefits or public funds and have maintained a balance of over £800 in my account at all times.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

What the UKBA look for is that you can support yourself.

They want to make sure that income is greater than expenses and you can afford to live in the UK.

That is what the UKBA will look for - so that you do not become a burden on the taxpayer.

Please remember to click accept so that I am credited for my time. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I already understand this.However, if you can providemore specific details whichwill help me establish whetherthere is good chance thatmy applicationwillbe accepted, then I am happy to accept the answer, otherwise, I don't think it is useful to me as the information you provided is commonsense and has a level of ambiguity.

You asked: What will they look for.

I told you this - you may already know it, but it is the legal answer to your question which you asked.

Specific details to what?

For the avoidance of any doubt - what is your specific question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.