Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
13262538

Hi ... I am from the UK, I want to apply for a spouses visa

Hi ... I am from the UK, I want to apply for a spouses visa to bring wife here. How much money do I need to have in the bank?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Hi -- Which benefits do you receive? -- Claire
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, i've been on JSA for 5 years, before that I worked as a HGV driver for 10 years. I'm out of work due to penalty points on my licence. They have expired now and I should be back to driving shortly. You can't have more than about £5000 if you want JSA. I can go back to work and have my father give me funds above £5000.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do I need to prove I can support the wife for the rest of her life, or just long enough for her to obtain naturalisation and passport?
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Hi -- You will need to show a at least six months bank statements showing at least £800 each time. You will need to show income sufficient to meet both your needs and that of your wife - and she will have to pass the language test -- more details here -- http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/apply-outside-uk/ -- Claire