UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert

I currently work for London Ambulance Service (for the past

I currently work for London Ambulance Service (for the past 2.5yrs) as an Emergency Care Assistant so not a qualified paramedic or EMT nor do I have a degree. I drive an emergency ambulance to all full emergencies with a paramedic or to Urgent calls with another ECA. I did 3 A levels and a GNVQ at College and then worked for British Airways Customer Service for 11 years.
I would love to emigrate with my husband and 2 children aged 6 and 10 to the USA. Is the H1B visa an option?
I want to work with an Ambulance Service in the US, I think my experience would be similar to an EMT Basic or EMT1?? in the US. Is this possible do you think? Thank you
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

I am afraid H1B visas are very difficult to obtain and petitions must be filed by US employers, not individuals. Furthermore, they are subject to annual cap limits and the limit for 2012 has already been reached.

H1B visas are usually given to persons with high degrees of specialised knowledge which I am afraid you would find difficult to meet from the background you have given especially as you have only worked for 2.5 years with the London Ambulance Service.

I am afraid it will be almost impossible for you and your family to obtain a suitable US work visa.

If you are a UK national, you are also ineligible to participate in the green card lottery.

Sorry I could not give you positive news.
Please click Accept

Please click Accept

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert