How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Questions: Is it a fiancé visa my partner needs to get married

Customer Question


Is it a fiancé visa my partner needs to get married in England?
Does this last for 6 months?
Will she then have to apply for settlement then?
Can she work while on the fiancé visa?
What is the cost of the fiancé visa and settlement?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

You do not need a visa to get married in the UK.

The visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

No you are not allowed to work on a finance visa.

Once married you can apply for a marriage visa which entitles to stay in the UK for 2 years.

Fiance visa around £260, marriage visa £750

Please remember to click accept so that I am credited for my time. Thank you.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions